Willa Amai Will Feature in GAP Collection for, Representing a 2021 Campaign For Inclusion and Optimism
Gap continues to champion modern American optimism by celebrating INDIVIDULAS who represent the positive impact of being your true self. Gap’s Fall 2021 adult campaign amplifies the voices of a distinct and diverse cast that better represents all of us. These individuals transcend race, gender, age, abilities, and talents as catalysts for change, reflecting what’s possible from anyone.
Inspired by a unique take on the concept of “15 minutes of fame,” the campaign captures the essence of the INDIVIUSALS in just 15 seconds.
- Willa Amai (@willaamai), 17-year-old mental health advocate and singer-songwriter who is releasing “Blows By,” her new music video filmed during the Gap campaign that breaks today
- Chloé Zhao, award-winning Chinese director, writer, editor and producer
- JaShaun St.John (@jashaunstjohn), Native actress discovered by Chloé Zhao, amplifying her Lakota tribe
- Alyssa Carson (@nasablueberry), 20-year-old space enthusiast, educator, aquanaut and aspiring astronaut, pursuing her dream to travel to Mars
- Angus Cloud (@AngusCloud), irreverent Irish American actor, staying true to himself
- Nakia Smith (@itscharmay), influencer and BASL activist for the Black Deaf community who advocates for all to be seen and heard
- The Ebinum Brothers, Victory & Marvel (@ebinumbrothers), Nigerian brothers and artistic communicators using the medium of dance to showcase movement as a method to speak about life, ecology and belonging
- Helena Howard (@helenahoward_officially), multiethnic, breakout actress acclaimed for her coming-of-age performances
- Delfin Finley (@delfin), dynamic Los Angeles-based visual artist with an activist upbringing
- Kailand Morris (@kailandmorris), philanthropist, model, designer and musician, combining influences from all disciplines to forge his unique path
Global head of GAP marketing says: “This dimensional cast of INDIVIDUALS embodies modern American optimism. Gap continues to amplify the voices of changemaking and culture shaping INDIVIDUALS, celebrating who they are and what makes them a true representation of the voices of today. These incredible individuals characterize an optimistic future fueled by creativity, possibility and unity.”
Amai says: “I am so beyond thrilled and honored to be apart of this GAP campaign. Advocating for activism and individuality has always been so important to me, and I will forever be indebted to Gap and everyone who worked on this project for allowing me to do that!”